Mr Ben James
0466 620 825
Wanda Horky (also representing President, Council of Polish Organisations in the ACT)
0438 195 183
0407 069 569
0417 494 009
Six Ordinary members
Dr Jolanta Gallagher
Alan De Zilva
Formed in 2010.
Incorporated in 2012.
Number of Members
Friends of Chopin Australia Inc.
The Friends of Chopin Australia are dedicated to the music of Fryderyk Chopin and the role it plays in Australia's musical life.
Promoting the music of Fryderyk Chopin in Australia through performance, research and public engagement.
◦ To promote and conduct the Australian International Chopin Piano Competition in Canberra
◦ To promote knowledge and appreciation of the music of Fryderyk Chopin in Australia
◦ To promote artistic and scholarly activities related to Fryderyk Chopin in Australia
◦ To create opportunities for young musicians nationally and internationally relating to Fryderyk Chopin
◦ To create conditions for Australians of all multicultural backgrounds to actively participate in the musical and cultural life of Australia through the music of Fryderyk Chopin
◦ To establish partnerships relating to Chopin in Australia and abroad
To achieve its objectives, the Friends of Chopin Australia will:
◦ Organise concerts, lectures, seminars, conferences, readings, festivals, and exhibitions
◦ Organise performance and non-performance activities for children and youth
◦ Initiate and foster international exchanges of artists, musicians and scholars
◦ Participate in external musical events relating to Fryderyk Chopin
◦ Disseminate information on Australian Chopin activities abroad
◦ Disseminate information on overseas Chopin activities in Australia